Views shared by several ayurveda doctors in discussion group:
Sub.: How to increase B12 in body?
- Can it be by mixture of Ashwagandha & Satavari powder?
- Personally I suggest 'saragavo' (moringa) . I read somewhere that saragavo contains B12 most in all vegetables.
- Papaya, barley, walnut, wheat germ, drumstick leaves are sources. However best is yeast. In olden days alcohol factories used to convert their yeast containing slurry into tablets and sell at a nominal cost of 25/1Re. Drug companies opposed this as non standardized medicine and forced government to ban the yeast tablets. Same fate as Ayurveda is facing. All our asava and arishta therefore have self generated vitamins. Our curd also is reach in yeast content. How market forces make us fools! Probiotic curd. Stupidity at its highest peak.
- Even pumpkin skin has maximum of B-12
- Indian Cow's (desi) ghee and its milk contains maximum amount of B-12. All Allopathic derivatives of B-12 are extracted from slaughter house. What an Irony???? Cut the cow to find B-12 and don't drink milk ... it may be called non vegetarian.
- I have tried for liver tonic in all my patients as Faltrikadi kwath and another liver tonic medication, I got B12 increased
- 1) banana bark 2) fermentation of boiled rice and curd (very delicious)in refrigerator are good sources of B12...- The outer layer of unpolished rice contains good source of vitamin b12.I hv taken results with Guduchi also.
All views shared here are only for knowledge. Various doctors and non-medicos have shared their views and experiences in this discussion. Please do not try any of the suggestions described here, without prior consult from your regular, qualified doctor. Dr. Prerak Shah and no other person is responsible for any unwanted effects, side effects or contra-indications in your health. Thank you.