Views shared by several ayurveda professionals and non-ayurveda people in discussion group:
Papaya leaves and dengue fever and platelets counts:
-Any classical ayurvedic reference for PAPAYA leaves use in dengue fever?
- No. I am not aware of any. As such papaya is introduced in India. Not an endemic to India.
- I use to papaya leaves extract in dengue fever...at present in my hospital 20 y/ m ..pt admitted..since last 4 days ..day by day .he doesn’t improve..last night ..platelets decreased up to 8000 only ...so what can I do ?
- Classical ayu tx like maharasnadi kwath or giloy satva or praval panchamrit works
- Use fresh juice. One leaf produces only 5ml. Don't use water. Add honey and give.
- yasthimadhu churna 5g, mix with 5ml honey and few drops of cows ghee, give 3 times a day.
Warning: in Dengue, once organ failure sets in, it is difficult to reverse the situation. Unfortunately anything of herbal origin is termed as Ayurvedic. People at large don't understand the difference.
- for Dengue fever: fresh juice of Papaya leaves, wheat grass juice, guduchi juice, aloe vera juice, black grapes juice – all to be mixed in equal and take 50 ml 3 times a day
- Sansamni vati, Sanjivani vati - 2 bd
- The principal symptoms of dengue are: High fever and at least two of the following: Severe headache, Severe eye pain (behind eyes), Joint pain, Muscle and/or bone pain, Rash, Mild bleeding manifestation (e.g., nose or gum bleed, petechiae, or easy bruising)Low white cell count
- If platlate count are decreasing 1 papaya leaf and 30 tulsi leaves should be given to improve. No need to boil, just crush, strain and drink once in a day. Stop when platelet start increasing.
- Udumber avleh and gado stav is also beneficial to increase platelet count
All views shared here are only for knowledge. This information doesn’t have any scientific validation.Various doctors and non-medicos have shared their views and experiences in this discussion. Please do not try any of the suggestions described here, without prior consult from your regular, qualified doctor. Dr. Prerak Shah and no other person is responsible for any unwanted effects, side effects or contra-indications in your health. Thank you.